Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I change the headlight bulbs in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

I believe those are the same as my 2000 jeep grand Cherokee. When you pop the hood and look down at the light there is one screw in the middle unscrew that it should be a really long screw with threading only at the bottom. Once that is out you have to grab both sides of the light and pull straight out to pop it off it's ball joint. This has proved difficult for me and I have been unable to actually get the light off. If you are able to get the entire light case off you then can take the headlight bulbs out and replace them. Good luck
How do I change the headlight bulbs in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
changing the bulb you will need to remove the small 7mm long bolt and then use a good size screwdriver to pop the head light housing from the hold down clips. put the screwdriver behind the housing and then pry using steady pressure good luck on your repair...
How do I change the headlight bulbs in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Jiggle the handle.
open the hood and remove the plastic top cover above the light and twist the outer ring on the headlight and then pull out bulb when puting in the new bulb do not touch the bulb with your fingers use gloves because the oil on you fingers will heat up the bulb and burn it out with in 2-4 days