Thursday, October 6, 2011

I have a Chevy Tahoe 2003 and I have changed the Headlight and it's not working. What could it be?

I bought a new light bulb for my Tahoe and it is still not working. What could it be? Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix?
I have a Chevy Tahoe 2003 and I have changed the Headlight and it's not working. What could it be?
did u touch the bulb with your skin? this can ruin the bulb
I have a Chevy Tahoe 2003 and I have changed the Headlight and it's not working. What could it be?
Check your fuses under the hood on the drivers side of the engine compartment, if none are blown check the fuses under the dash.
It is possible that when the light was installed, that someone touch the glass bulb. These bulbs are very sensitive and when the oil from your fingers gets on it, it can cause it to burn out. You can also look at the bulb to see if the filament is burnt. If everything looks ok, Then, I would test for power going to the plug-in. This can be done with a test light or a voltmeter. If you are getting power to the plug-in, now make sure your getting ground. I believe there is a body ground located near the battery on the right/passenger side. Hope this helps, Christopher
Check the socket for power and ground.Fuses.Clean corrosion in socket.