Friday, June 3, 2011

How do you change a burned out headlight on a 2002 VW New Beetle?

I%26#039;ve changed headlights out of many cars in my life, but can%26#039;t figure out how to gain access on this one. I obviously don%26#039;t want to break anything to gain access, but I am sure it is a simple procedure to do it correctly. Normally, I have gone in through the back of the light fixture (through the engine compartment), but there is no access via this route. I%26#039;m wondering if the headlight fixture itself pops out from the front, allowing access to the burned out buld.|||I have a 2000 Beetle and had to have both headlights replaced. Both times I took to local Firestone and they couldn%26#039;t do it so ended up taking to VW dealer. They say they have a special tool - it only took them about 5 minutes to do it, around $2.50 for the bulb and yes - $70 labor.





Hope you can find someone here that can tell you how to do it as to save you the $$





Aloha from Hawaii|||on the back of the light should be 2 clips.. undo them and slide the rear cover off