Friday, June 3, 2011

Replacing a Low beam Headlight Bulb in 2005 Dodge Neon?

The people at the part store said it needs to be taken to a shop because the entire headlight assembly has to be removed. Is this true? I%26#039;ve never heard of this before. I%26#039;ve changed headlight bulbs on many cars before, including an older neon and have never had to do this before. Just wondering before I go out in the below zero temperatures and realize that the assembly does have to come out. Thank you for your help.|||No, the parts store is wrong. You don%26#039;t specify left or right headlight. But if its the right (passenger side) You should be able to change it no problem. If its the left side (drivers) you may need to remove the air box, if you cannot squeeze your hand in there to remove the bulb.|||I had the same issue with a Chevy Cavalier...I had to remove the entire headlight assembly to change the bulb...I got it done, but it took a lot of work, and then I had to re-aim the light etc...If it%26#039;s that cold, you might want to go to the shop, LOL...good luck...|||It could be true on that vehicle I don%26#039;t recall but many vehicles like my Intrepid you have to not only remove the top mounting screws for the headlight assembly but the lower bolts that are behind the front bumper , sometimes it%26#039;s best if you%26#039;ve lower fog lamps in the bumper to remove them and gain access to them that way.














Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way if you plan on doing your own work and keeping that vehicle awhile you should buy yourself a service manual it comes especially handy when dealing with these types of repair issues.|||Are you talking about the fog lamps, or the main headlights? I have a 2005 Neon that doesn%26#039;t have fog lamps, so I can%26#039;t help you there, but the regular headlights can be changed on your own. You just need to take out the intake box, and it%26#039;s kind of a pain in the ***.