Friday, June 3, 2011

Is there a trick to changing headlight switch?

I tried to change the headlight switch on my 1996 Cherokee last night. It is so hard to get to, and I couldn%26#039;t even get the entire dash panel off because of the steering column being in the way.





When you change it, do you have to go through the dash, or can you somehow do it from underneath?|||I have a 96 also, the smaller,Cherokee. You do not have to take the dash off just the knee pad? that is under the dash.


It is a pita to change out,it does have to be changed out from underneath.


What i found out on mine was it was not the switch at all but rather the fuse that is down there as well in the same area.





Look up NAXJA.com and do a search as there is a lot of info on this common Cherokee problem.





Go to that site and pm me if you like under Low Range,hope this helps.