Thursday, September 15, 2011

Does anyone know why after I changed a headlight assembly, the light on that side is way dim?

I have 2000 Buick Century and I had put a brand new headlight assembly on the Right side. I installed all new lights, but the two %26quot;headlights%26quot; are very dim. The side maker, parking, and turn signal all are normal and bright, any info would be great.
Does anyone know why after I changed a headlight assembly, the light on that side is way dim?
Either the contacts in the bulb socket are corroded, the bulb is not seated in the socket all the way, or there's a bad ground connection on that side. The light can ground directly to the car body (inner fender well if need be-just drill a hole and chuck a sheet metal screw in it and attach the socket ground wire to it.).
Does anyone know why after I changed a headlight assembly, the light on that side is way dim?
check your connectors for the headlights for corrosion or bent connectors and check the ground
is it dim from driving view or looking directly at h/light? if its dim from driving view you might wanna get them leveled/ aligned