Friday, September 23, 2011

Can't believe changing a headlight (2005 Acura RSX) is this hard, but....?

Every book at AutoZone/Wal Mart that I've looked at has given me part numbers to L shaped headlights. meaning, the bulb points up and the prongs point to the side.



When I pulled the old bulb out, the bulb points up and the prongs point down.





the prongs are the same, and it appears like the L shaped bulb would somewhat fit, but I figured I'd ask around before opening the new bulb and trying it.





If anybody can lend some advice I'd appreciate it.

And if I need to answer any questions, I'll be glad to if it will help get me answers




Can't believe changing a headlight (2005 Acura RSX) is this hard, but....?
Vehicle has two bulbs, high beam (9005) and low beam (H1). The H1 is straight with a metal tab for the connection, the 9005 is L shaped and the connector is plastic.

I also checked with an Acura OEM replacement website and it shows the L shaped 9005 bulb as factory. Someone may have put a 9005XS bulb in it's place either because they bought the wrong bulb, or wanted to be different. Here is a link to the headlamp assembly:



http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partlocator鈥?/a>
Can't believe changing a headlight (2005 Acura RSX) is this hard, but....?
I went to this link http://www.autopartswarehouse.com and found this number. Part # sy-h1st looks like you may have the wrong part. Hope this helps.
Its all about the details.



A 9005 bulb is the regular style with the L bend connector, a 9005XS is in-line. Just ask the guy at the parts store counter for a straight 9005 and if s/he is remotely competent they will set up up with the right stuff.