Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I change the headlight bulbs on a Jeep Cherokee, 1994??

Can anyone help? I cannot gain access to the rear of my Jeeps headlights so as to change the bulbs. There must be an easy method or do I have to take apart the complete housing?
How do I change the headlight bulbs on a Jeep Cherokee, 1994??
It`s a long job, all done from the front of the car. There is no access from under the bonnet to the back of the light housings

You need to take off various bits of trim including the dummy side light/indicator. Take off the trim around the light, this will give you access to the screws that hold the light unit in place. Carefully remove the %26quot;bezel%26quot; as it`s called and the light unit will be free to take out. Take care with the lead to the side light , the main bulb is held in place by the %26quot;usual%26quot; spring clip. When you put it all back together make sure that the lights work BEFORE you put all the trim back, it`s very easy to dislodge the side light bulb!

The procedure is covered in detail in the Haynes manual.

I`ve done this job several times, and it still takes me at least 30 mins to do !

By the way I use 130/100 watt bulbs ( no problem with MOT or the cops !)
How do I change the headlight bulbs on a Jeep Cherokee, 1994??
no problem, Jeep owners are a bit like bikers,we look after %26quot;our own %26quot; !

Report Abuse


There is no easy way on that Cherokee.It can be done in place with some patience.I remember something about needing to remove the battery,but it's been a long time.
Smash the glass :)