Thursday, September 15, 2011

I am having problems with my ford probe. Headlights, and turnsignals dont work... changed headlight switch?

Its a 92 Ford Probe, Like i said, no head lights, high beam or low beam, no turn signals, but the hazard lights work... any ideas... We have already changed the head light switch, that wasnt it?
I am having problems with my ford probe. Headlights, and turnsignals dont work... changed headlight switch?
Check the fuses! my truck had the same problem and turns out it was a blown fuse, also if the fuse is good, check the wiring and make sure a ground wire has not come loose that will cause the same problem.
I am having problems with my ford probe. Headlights, and turnsignals dont work... changed headlight switch?
YOU CHECKED ALL THE FUSES and that wasnt it. none were blown. When you replaced the headlight switch you checked the power going into the switch and that was okay. And you checked you manual's wiring diagram to see if there was a headlight relay and that was okay.

The you went back to the fuse box and made sure there was power going to one side of each fuse when the fuse was pulled and that was okay.

Well I'm stumpped because all the lighting on a car goes thru the fuse box.

So the problem has to be after that. Maybe a ''slow''short circuit. Just enough short to drain the power from the wire but not enough to blow a fuse.
92 probes...well time to junk it.
check the fuses for the lights